Monday, September 29, 2008

Zodiac


I heard mention a long time ago that a directors cut 2 Disc version of Zodiac was on the way so I made a very deliberate mental note that this was one movie that I had to pick up.

I guess I wasn't actively searching as apparently it came out Jan 08. What brought it to my attention was a recent advertisement in a British film mag-so I went down to HMV and there it was-a bit bloody expensive-but I had to have it.

So I just re-watched the movie with it's almost unnoticeable extra 6 minutes and then listened to the commentary with Fincher which was excellent-really engaging guy.

I also watched the two documentaries directed by David Prior -This is the Zodiac Speaking and - His Name Was Arthur Leigh Allen. The later being the better doc.

Still have to listen to the commentary with Jake Gyllenhall, Robert Downey Jr., Brad Fischer, James Vanderbilt and James Ellroy. Downey is always entertaining and Ellroy should be of interest.

There a bunch of other stuff also: a making of, visual effects and a previs doc -with split screen comparisons between the animatics and finished film.

This in my opinion is one of the best films of the last ten years. Fincher really outdid himself on this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does "forex made easy" system work? Can someone explain the trading of the four currencies. Can anyone do the trading from their home computer?
[url=http://www.samemma.com/guestbook.php]best forex software[/url]