Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cowboy Merchant sells Decemberists!

I bought tickets for the Tues 21st of July concert here in Vancouver of these guys:



I later found out that the Cowboy Junkies were playing the same night!



Thankfully The Decemberists are playing two nights, so I bought another set of tickets for their 22nd of July concert.

Great...

Sorted!

The only problem now is that I need to get rid of the extra set of tickets. I have tried to sell them, but apparently no one seems to be interested- even at a drastically reduced rate.

So c'mon, I mean just take a look at Colin Meloy's little bespeckled face; look at the obvious effort, determination and passion that he, with his little plaid shirt, tries in communicating his heart felt lyrics to you: the audience.

You know you want 'em!?

---

While searching for a decent Youtube clip of the Cowboy Junkies, I stumbled across this concert footage of Trinity Revisited, a concert celebrating the 20th anniversary of the recording of the album: The Trinity Sessions. Now what makes this concert footage so spectacular is the fact that Natalie Merchant is at the helm for the first two minutes...(after 1:57 I kinda lost interest)



That voice...



That face...



So yeah, bit of a tangent there bringing in the lovely Miss Merchant, but a good one I think you'll agree!?

It would be kinda remiss of me however to not post a 10,000 Maniacs song though wouldn't it:

1 comment:

Lonely Lunch said...

love the Junkies! I will have to check out the Decemberists