Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Wire

I put season 3 of The Wire on as some background noise while I was boarding and have now just finished season 4 as well; yeah kinda broke the "only going to listen to the commentary rule" as posted a while back.

There are very few TV shows that I will sit through twice, but this one is the exception. I have already seen season 5, but as a rather poor download, (naughty!!!) so I have just picked up the boxset and will start working my way through that again also.

As I'm on a bit of a roll, looks like I'll be working back into season 1 and 2 as well. Heard they are releasing a deluxe 5 season box-set in December, I just pray there isn't too many extras on that or I'm gonna be seriously outta pocket.

Postscript to my previous Fifty Dead Men Walking post. McGowan was only in a couple of scenes and she was only mildly irritating, her Norn Iron accent surprisingly, wasn't too bad. The movie itself went a little bit "Bourne Identity" towards the end with car chases and shootouts and whatnot, but it was a decent flick, worth checking out.





God I'll miss The Wire.

No comments: