Sunday, February 19, 2012

Galaxies greatest...

Not only 35 years old- but it features a bloody lovely Mike McMahon cover:
I actually started reading 2000AD with Prog 86 when another British comic called Starlord folded and merged with it. Around that same time I was reading Savage Sword of Conan and the Star Wars Weekly- with extra helpings of a lot of the British humour mags : Whoopee, Whizzer and Chips and the like...

Looking back I'm surprised that I didn't pick up on it for nearly a year and a half, especially as I was always picking up new comics in the local newsagents...how 2000AD passed me by for so long - I have no idea!

Most people in the industry of a certain age (whether it be in film or comics) always mention Star Wars as the defining moment when they decided "this" is the type of stuff that they want to do with their life! It's true for me also, to some extent-- but I think I would have to give that pride of place to 2000AD.

While Star Wars was definitely one of the many sparks; 2000AD was quite literally the 'blaze' that kept me engrossed with incredibly imaginative ideas, story content and characters for the longest time...

Long may it continue...


1 comment:

Josh Heisie said...

Hi Lubbert. Great site!

I am the writer and director of an upcoming short horror film entitled “The Prospector’s Curse”. Below is a link to our press release and poster, and I would be very grateful if you could help spread the word by writing about my film on your website. I would also like to send you the completed film for review once it’s available. Please contact me at joshheisie@gmail.com if you’re interested.

http://www.wix.com/joshheisie/theprospectorscurse#!press-release

Thanks for your time, and all the best
Josh Heisie
www.joshheisie.com